To minimize impacts and maintain traffic movement for local and regional travelers, Corral Hollow Road will be closed in eight phases at a time plus additional project work through mid-December 2018. The construction phasing plan has shifted in order to avoid detours while school is in session. Listed below is each location (approximately 1,000 feet increments) and associated schedule (subject to change). Duration at each phase varies in order for the sewer line to be installed. Click on the phase to download the map.
Phase 1: April 23 - July 6 (Linne Road to I-580, excluding ramps) - COMPLETED EARLY ON JUNE 29
Phase 2: June 18 - July 13 (Peony Dr. to Railroad Tracks) - COMPLETED
Note: Traffic was diverted to the two southbound lanes with occasional flagging
Phase 3: July 10 - 30 (Starflower Dr. to Kagehiro Dr.) - COMPLETED
Note: One southbound lane open, northbound lane requires detour
Phase 4: July 31 - Aug. 8 (Parkside Dr. to Midway Dr.) - COMPLETED
Phase 5: Aug. 9 - 13 (Midway Dr. to Starflower Dr.) - COMPLETED
Phase 6: Aug. 13 - 24 (Kagehiro Dr. to Valpico Rd.) - COMPLETED
Phase 7: Aug. 19 & 20 (Valpico Rd. Intersection) - COMPLETED
Sunday, August 19: 9:30 p.m. - 5 a.m. and Monday, August 20: 8 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Phase 8: Sept. 4 to mid-Nov. (Valpico Rd. to Peony Dr.) - COMPLETED
Sewer Services: Nov. 26 to mid-Dec. - COMING SOON
Construction is anticipated to last approximately five months. Corral Hollow Road will remain closed during the entire duration of construction for each phase. Crews are working extended days and hours as needed to complete all scheduled phases of construction.
During construction, public safety access will be maintained at all times and access to local property owners will be coordinated on an individual basis. In addition, detour information will be made available prior to any road closure phase. Local property owners and the traveling public should expect:
- Traffic delays, detours and typical construction-related noise, dust and vibration
- Truck traffic detours to alternate truck routes
- Installation of a temporary traffic signal at Lammers Road and Schulte Road (the City is in the process of bidding and ultimately constructing a permanent signal at this location)
The following were completed during Phase 1:
- Traffic signal timing changes at Linne Road and Chrisman Road intersection
- Crossing guards at Linne Road and Chrisman Road intersection during morning and afternoon school hours
- Radar speed signs placed further south on Chrisman Road to help slow motorists
- On-site CHP patrol at the intersection of Chrisman and Linne roads to Chrisman Road and I-580, from May 7 through June 29 - Monday through Friday from 5:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- Work with Caltrans to optimize the signal timing at the Mountain House Parkway/I-580 ramps to accommodate additional traffic